We have found 1000’s of leaks with our infrared cameras, which means we also get plenty of phone calls from new customers. Most customers have no idea what a thermal imaging inspection is, or how it works because it’s still quite new in NZ. The #1 enquiry we get is about how much does the inspection cost.
Here is more some info about how it works, inspection cost and what the ‘next step’ is.
You’ve booked the job, now what happens?
Before you pick up the phone, all you need to know is how many square meters the home you want inspected is (roughly), what the purpose of the test is, and that’s about it! We can give you a free quote over the phone today.
1) We arrive at the property and take a look around the outside to assess design, condition of cladding, window joinery and any other potential areas that are of risk to moisture penetration into the external building envelope.
2) You will give you a demo of how the thermal imaging camera and moisture testing equipment works, and clearly explain what it means.
3) We then systematically scan each and every room including all the walls, under windows and ceilings, looking for any initial signs of water in the infrared camera. Feel free to look over our shoulder into the screen of the camera.
4) We then ‘moisture meter test’ the same room we just imaged (before moving to the next room) testing all top plates, bottom plates corners of windows and all high risk areas for moisture ingress roughly every 1 meter.
5) If you want a report, we also take photo’s as we go… especially for pre purchase and pre sale inspections. If it’s just a leak detection job in an isolated area, then that would be where a photo would be taken. If you decide you want to keep the inspection cost down and get a verbal test, then have a pen and paper handy to take notes for your builder, or whomever is doing the remedial work.
6) You will get a report emailed to you normally by 11pm the same night. In a worst case scenario it would be 24hrs if our workload is high. 95% of the time we deliver your report the same evening so you can keep your buying/selling process rolling forward.
7) After report is sent: If you have any questions at any time, just jump on the phone and call us. We are always available to take calls for all customers.
There are 4 types of inspections… which one suits you?
1) Pre Purchase & Auction
- 0 to 250 sqm – $375+GST with report, or $275+GST without a report
- 251 to 400 sqm – $475+GST with report, or $375+GST without a report
- 401 sqm + – Please call for free quote over the phone
2) Pre Sale Inspection – As above
3) Leak Detection – $195+GST without a report or $250+GST with a report
4) Electrical thermographic surveys – Price on application based on scope of work (We’ve imaged over 2000 switchboards for a variety of companies nationwide. We specialise in the oil & gas industry). Some of our long standing commercial customers include:
Fonterra – Maersk – Mobil – Polarcus -Tanker Pacific – Auckland City Council – Shell Todd Oil – Modec – Ravensdown – Beca and many more.
* The above prices are based on the Auckland region only, and payment must be made on the day by cheque or internet banking. We do many inspections outside of Auckland, just call for a quote.